Battle of Hatfield Investigation Society
A 7th Meeting will be held at
Cuckney Village Hall on
Friday 13th May 2016 @ 7:30pm
Admission is free
1. Phase 1 (Non Invasive) … Official End was 31st March …
• Still awaiting final sign off and final 10% of Grant (£1,324)
2. CREATING AN ENVIRONMENT FOR FUTURE HLF FUNDING
a/ Funding for Phase 2 (Invasive) #1 – Solarcentury Community Fund – Bid Successful
• Bid was for (max.) allowable £10,000. Bid closed Dec 15. Notified in Feb 16 that we would receive £4,000.
b/ Getting The Most Out Of The Media
• We would like to use the media to create an irresistible momentum for further funding …
• Talk on April 14th to about 40 members of Southwell Community Archaeology Group
• Interview with Kev. Rogers of the CHAD on 4th May … article should make following weeks edition
c/ Obtaining Permissions
• P.C.C. – informal 3 hour meeting on 22nd April with Rev. Simon Cash (Priest-In-Charge of St. Mary’s)
• Diocese of Southwell – contact made with their archaeological advisors ( Dr. Chris Brooke and Dr. Mike Hawkes) – meeting being arranged
• Welbeck Estates – 2nd meeting with Tom Cooper imminent – need to ratify existing invasive agreement
• New Letter to Dr. Glenn Foard to support the sending of Community Book
3. Future Funding Options
• The pros and cons of continuing our relationship with HLF
• Alternative sources of funding
4. Presentation – What Was Discovered at St. Mary’s and abutting fields in November 2015 ?
• A small diagrammatic representation and talk about some exciting finds ….
5. The SCOPE of a Future Phase 2 – Which Subjects To Include in Phase 2 – Your Ideas – via SURVEY MONKEY and hardcopy questionnaires
• Getting future HLF funding will mean that we need to offer another umbrella of events & seeking your opinions, for example :
• 1/ Dating skeletal remains from St. Mary’s that may relate to the Battle of Hatfield
• 2/ Finding Cuckney Castle
• 3/ At least 1 more major subject
6. Vice Chair still required – are you interested ?
- • This position has been vacant since last May – are you the person to help the project on an occasional basis … eg. would you like to help us search out alternative sources of funding ?
7. Your questions