Battle of Hatfield Investigation Society (“BOHIS”)
“Warriors Through The Landscape”
An Art Competition divided into 3 age categories – Cuckney School, Meden School, (or any local children of North Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire which fit the age criteria) & Adults (including Outwood Post 16, 6th Form College) (or any adult residents of North Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire)
1. This competition is open to all residents of North Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
2. Applicants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants under 18 agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants.
3. The competition is free to enter.
4. All entries must be submitted to any member of the BOHIS by post or personal delivery to the ‘Warriors Through The Landscape’ Art Competition, Paul Jameson, 5 Packhorse Row, Norton Cuckney, Mansfield, Notts.NG20 9JY Only one entry per person is permitted. Please refer to the competition page for further details see: www.battleofhatfieldsociety.co.uk
5. The BOHIS must receive entries by 06/09/18. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of BOHIS.
6. BOHIS accepts no responsibility for damaged or lost entries.
7. The judges shall assess the entries and one winner and one runner-up from each category will be selected. The judges’ decisions shall be final. No correspondence regarding the results will be entered into.
8. The three winners and runners-up (in each category) will each receive an Amazon voucher to the value of £50 (The Total prize fund is £300)
The winners and runners-up will be notified by email, telephone or postal address (using the details provided at entry) within 21 days of a decision being made. If a winner or runner-up does not respond to BOHIS within 21 days of being notified by the BOHIS, then a replacement winner or runner-up will be selected from the other applicants.
9. The winner’s name will be published on the BOHIS website and in their local school, depending on the category.
10. Please note hard copy entries cannot be returned unless a stamped addressed envelope is provided. Full copyright title remains with the author/owner of any entry.
11. The BOHIS reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
Please see the full Terms and Conditions below
Terms and Conditions
1. By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
2. Any entry must be your original work and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights. In addition, all entries must be produced legally without trespassing on any land.
3. Full copyright title shall be retained by the author of any entry. By submitting any entry to the BOHIS (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio), you agree to grant the BOHIS a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display and exercise all publicity rights with respect to your entry, and/or to incorporate your entry in other works, in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your entry.
4. By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
5. By submitting an entry, you agree the BOHIS may use the material for any purpose and in anyway it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
6. The BOHIS shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
7. In so far as is permitted by law, BOHIS will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of BOHIS.
8. You agree to indemnify the BOHIS against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
9. The BOHIS reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as published on www.battleofhatfieldsociety.co.uk
11. Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal data supplied will not be passed on to any third party.
12. The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image, voice or other details to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
14. This competition is governed by English law and English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.